Below are the approved minutes from the Board Meeting held on October 11, 2018.
Board of Directors Meeting
HUNTER’S RIDGE OWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
Date: October 11, 2018
Location: Pablo Creek Regional Library
- Determination of a Quorum of the Board – The meeting was called to order at 7:13 p.m. by President Mary Barr. Also present were Vice President Jennifer Maki, Secretary Bruce Sherman, and Treasurer Kathy Grossman, creating a quorum. Diane Coelho represented Kingdom Management and fourteen owners were also present.
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes – Kathy motioned to approve the prior meeting minutes of May 30th, August 13th, September 10th, and October 1st. Jennifer seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
- Financial Update and Budget Approval – Diane stated that the association has collected 98% of budgeted assessments and is expected to end the year $14,000 under budget. Five owners are in collections and five owners owe fines of $1,000 and will be sent to collections. Mary reviewed the 2019 budget options. After discussion, Mary motioned to increase the 2019 assessments by 7%. Jennifer seconded the motion and Bruce voted in favor. Kathy opposed as she wanted only a 5% increase. The motion carried.
- Old Business
- Website – Jennifer shared that the association website was managed by a former board member and she has not been able to obtain the necessary information from the former board member to manage the site. She will convert it to a new website and is looking for hosting options and switching over the domain name. Mary motioned to authorize spending $125 per year for website hosting. Bruce seconded the motion and it carried unanimously. Jen will be the website administrator and will train other board members.
- Front Entrance Sign – Jennifer is still reviewing options for the new sign and is considering its height, contrast, size, and overgrowth of vegetation around the sign. She will discuss options at a future board meeting. She may offer owners the opportunity to vote for their favorite design via the website. Drainage issues were discussed as water pools at the base of the sign. Jennifer does not believe the association has the authorization to re-grade without the city’s approval.
- Christmas Lights – Mary motioned to spend $1,426 to decorate the entrance for the holidays. Jennifer seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
- ARBs – Topic tabled until Calvin can appear at the meeting.
- Past Due Assessments – Mary shared the collection process per a conversation she had with the association’s collection attorney, Robert Tankel. Before proceeding to foreclosure, owners receive at least four certified letters from the attorney, in addition to the two late notices sent by Kingdom Management. By the time the foreclosure is actually initiated, at least 9 months will have expired. The board will continue to follow this process.
- New Business
- Homeowner Mrs. Sheikh fine: Mary motioned to reduce her fine from $1000 to $250, provided the $250 is paid within 30 days. If the fine is not paid by 11/8/18, the fine will go back to the original amount and will be sent to collections. Bruce seconded the motion and Jennifer voted in favor. Kathy opposed the motion. The motion carried.
- Homeowner Mrs. Meeker violation letter: Ms. Meeker sent an email that she will add stones to the right of her driveway, as requested.
- Homeowner Mr. Andre Ferere fine: Mary motioned to reduce the fine from $1000 to $250, provided the $250 is paid within 30 days and Diane reinspects the property by 10/16/18. If the violation has not been corrected when Diane inspects or if the fine is not paid by 11/8/18, the fine will go back to the original amount and will be sent to collections. Bruce seconded the motion and Jennifer voted in favor. Kathy opposed the motion. The motion carried.
- Violations to go to FAC and FAC Discussion – Tabled until next meeting.
- Adjournment – With no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:58 p.m.
Prepared by T. Diane Coelho, Community Association Manager
Recommended for Approval by Bruce Sherman, Secretary